Spencer Butte is a prominent landmark in Lane County, Oregon, United States, on the southern edge of Eugene.
– Elevation of 2,055 feet (626 m)
– World Map Coordinates: 43.98361°N 123.09667°W
– Base of the Butte is aprox. 1,300 feet above sea level.
– Spencer Butte hikes are part of the Ridgeline Trail System
– Starting from Main Trail it is only around a 700 foot climb over 1.08 miles.
– Starting from West Route it is 700 feet over 0.6 miles.
– The butte is the tallest point visible when looking south from downtown Eugene.
– Spencer Butte is accessible from Spencer Butte Park and has several hiking trails to the summit.
– Tree cover on the butte is predominantly Douglas-fir, however the butte is treeless at its summit.
– Leaves of Three Let It Be. There is Poison oak throughout all of the hiking trails, even at the summit there are tall plants. Beware of the them!